Apple KB on Wireless
iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
The following Wi-Fi base station (or Wi-Fi router) settings are recommended for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. These settings will help ensure maximum performance, security, and reliability when using Wi-Fi.
AirPort and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference
Interference may result in:
- A decrease in wireless range between devices.
- A decrease in data throughput over a Wi-Fi network.
- Intermittent or complete loss of connection.
- Difficulty during the discovery phase when pairing Bluetooth devices.
iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
When using a Wi-Fi network with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may occasionally encounter the following issues:
- Unable to locate or join a nearby Wi-Fi network
- Weak or low Wi-Fi signal strength
- Connected to Wi-Fi network, but unable to access the Internet